Occupational First Aid Skill Set HLTSS00027 – $550
Includes Complimentary HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and PUAEME005A Provide Pain management
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in the workplace. Specifically, the course is designed for people employed as Occupational First Aiders, normally on a site with more than 100 employees and/or has a First Aid Room.
This unit is completed within a skills set for Occupational First aid
HLTSS00027 – Occupational First Aid Skill Set
This skill set provides a set of skills to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in a workplace environment, including the skills to provide an emergency first aid response in the event of an emergency. Following completion of the skills set, the units awarded would be:
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
- HLTAID008 Manage first aid services and resources
The expected duration to complete this course is 12 hours face to face workshop.
Skills and knowledge required to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in the workplace inline with State and Territory Legislation
- First Aid Rooms and Maintenance
- First Aid Equipment and Resources
- First Aid Management Procedures
- Occupational First Aid Manual
- A4 Certificate
- Wallet Card
- All training resources (bandages, face shields, gloves, etc)
- Student support services
- Multiple choice questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- Short answer questioning
- Completion of reports
- Statement of Attainment & Wallet Card in HLTAID008 – Manage First Aid Services & Resources
- An Occupational First Aid Skill Set HLTSS00027 Certificate will be issued upon successful completion of HLTAID006, HLTAID007 & HLTAID008
- Valid for 3 years from the completion date
Participants must be 16 years or older
Participants must hold a recently completed HLTAID003 Provide First Aid certificate.
For our electronic manual please see the bottom of the home page.