Aerofilm Plus Island Dressing 4cm x 5cm Box 20
This post-operative dressing combines the advantages of AEROFILM with a SupaSorb™ absorbent and low adherent dressing pad to provide a superior dressing for post operative and delicate wound sites.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- AeroFilm is highly conformable, even over the most awkward body contours. Its flexibility does not restrict movement, ensuring the comfort of the patient while SupaBond Adhesive holds the dressing in place.
- AeroFilm is impermeable to water and body fluids, protecting the application underneath and allowing the patient to shower and bathe without redressing. It also aids in the prevention of bacterial contamination, and reduces risks of skin damage through interference.
SupaSorb™ Wound pad
- An embossed wound pad provides superior wound management by draining blood or exudates into pockets in the wound pad. The Super absorbent wound pad minimises the number of dressing changes whilst protecting the wound from further injury. SupaSorb™ leaves the wound site clean and comfortable, while the non-adherent film reduces the pain and site trauma when changing the dressing.
SupaBond™ Hypo-allergenic Adhesive
- Exclusively engineered for unrivalled adhesion, this hypoallergenic adhesive has a low irritation risk while ensuring the dressing stays in place over body contours.
- The transparent AeroFilm allows the user to monitor the level of fluid and check for clinical signs of infection without removing the dressing. This allows for maximum usage of the dressing before removal.
- AeroFilm has an integrated frame applicator that provides a simple and effective application system. The frame enables the dressing to be applied crease free and ensures adhesion. AeroFilm transparency enables correct positioning over the wound site.
Contraindications / Precautions
- AeroFilm should not be used on infected wounds unless under the supervision of a healthcare practitioner.
- As with all adhesive products, apply and remove carefully from sensitive or fragile skin.
- Seek medical advice immediately for all serious wounds and burns. If redness or discomfort occurs, discontinue use and consult a physician.
This product is not a substitute for direct medical attention from a healthcare practitioner.