Provide first aid in remote situations HLTAID005 – $250
Includes Complimentary HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
This type of training gives the first aider greater confidence as the casualty may be isolated from professional help for an extended period of time.
This course is designed for those who require training that conforms to the recommendations of the Australian Resuscitation Council and provides the knowledge and skills to provide first aid response and emergency life support to a casualty in a remote and/or isolated situation where emergency services may not be able to respond for extended periods.
National Course Code
HLTAID005 – Provide first aid in remote situations
Students are to complete pre course theory via self-paced learning using either our on-line courses or we can send out a workbook and manual. Upon completion of the theory students are required to attend 14 hours of face to face workshop.
A refresher course is available for students who hold a current Remote Area First Aid certificate, in which case there is no pre course theory to complete. Students just attend the face to face workshop which may be completed in a shorter timeframe depending on the current skills and knowledge of Students.
- All content contained within Provide First Aid with the addition of:
- Preparation for isolated work and/or travel
- Communication systems
- Evacuation and transportation procedures
- Prolonged casualty care
- Improvise treatment and resources
- Communicating details of the incident, reporting and handover
- Evaluation of performance
- Remote Area First Aid Manual
- Wallet Card
- All training resources (bandages, face shields, gloves, etc)
- Student support services
- Multiple choice questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- Short answer questioning
- Completion of reports
- Upon successful completion a Statement of Attainment and Walletcard will be issued for HLTAID005 – Provide first aid in remote situations
- Valid for 3 year from the completion date
Participants must be 14 years or older
Participants are required to complete the Provide First Aid training prior to attending the remote area session. Provide First Aid is offered Complimentary when attending the Remote area training.
Should you have completed the Provide First Aid course within the last 12 months you may attend just the Remote area session, although we will require a copy of your current first aid certificate as proof.
For our electronic manual please see the bottom of the home page.