PUAWER008B – Confine small workplace emergencies (Fire Extinguisher) – $130
Our fire extinguisher training courses are Nationally Recognised Training Courses and are taught through the Public Safety Training Package. Fire extinguisher training course will cover how and when to safely operate fire equipment during workplace emergencies. All our Fire Training courses are only conducted by experienced emergency services personnel, who have the knowledge and experience to walk you through the requirements of operating firefighting equipment and fire extinguishers safely. This course has a combination of both theoretical and practical training in how to safely operate fire equipment and how to safely extinguish fires. During this training, we use Live Fire.
The course is composed of five sections:
- Introduction to WHS Act 2012
- Evacuation Procedures
- Hands on use of all Portable Extinguishers
- Introduction to Manual Handling
This course is designed with flexibility, so it can be adapted to cater for special needs of the client.
- Chemistry of fire
- Fire Extinguisher Legislative and Regulatory Requirements
- Fire Extinguisher Training Requirements
- Raising the alarm
- Fire Safety and Evacuation
- Classes of Fire
- Types of Fire Extinguishers
- Safety procedures when fighting fires
- Basic fire prevention
- Firefighting tactics
- Practical sessions: using Fire Hose Reels, Fire Extinguishers and Fire Blankets
- A demonstration on the use of portable fire fighting equipment
- Multiple choice & written questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- A4 Certificate
- Wallet Card (upon request)
- All training resources (Extinguisher, fire pan etc)
Fee includes all administrative costs
Upon successful completion a Certificate and Wallet card (upon request) will be issued for PUAWER008B – Confine Small Workplace Emergencies.
‘The First Aid Training Company delivers accredited training and assessment under the auspice of Safety Corp Pty Ltd (RTO Provider No. 91694)‘
Participants are required to re-certify every 2 years from their completion date to maintain currency.