PUAWER006B Lead an emergency control organisation
PUAWER006B Lead an emergency control organisation (CHIEF WARDEN)- $150
Chief Warden Training
This unit covers the competency required to make decisions about people’s safety during a workplace emergency and to give instructions on the priority order for responding to the emergency incident area.
People who undertake this course may act as the primary liaison with emergency services after their arrival. These may include Chief and Deputy Chief Wardens within a workplace environment.
This unit has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in Australian Standard 3745-2010.
- Australian Standard 3745 -2010
- Chief Fire Warden Legislative and Regulatory requirements
- Emergency Planning Committee
- Emergency Control Organisation
- Chief Fire Warden Training requirements
- Fire Warden Identification & Structure
- Emergencies where evacuation may be required
- Methods of raising the alarm
- Safety Procedures at Fires
- Bomb Threat Procedures
- Persons with Disabilities
- Duties & Responsibilities of Chief Fire Wardens
- Command & Control
- Briefing the Emergency Services
- Post-Evacuation Management
- Emergency Procedures
- Human Behaviour
- Prepare for workplace emergencies
- Apply command, control and coordinate aspects of workplace emergency procedures
- Control the response to emergency reports, signals and warnings
- Coordinate reports and results of initial emergency response
- Conclude incident
- Multiple choice & written questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- A4 Certificate
- All training resources
Upon successful completion a Certificate will be issued for
- PUAWER006B – Lead an Emergency Control Organisation
Participants are required to re-certify every 2 years from their completion date to maintain currency.
PUAWER005B – Operate as part of an emergency control organisation (Fire Warden)
*Please note that enclosed shoes are essential. The practical session can be viewed as physically challenging, therefore participants should be reasonably fit and able to lift and carry fire extinguishers and other safety equipment as required.
Course Dates Available
[course_category cat=”chief-warden-puawer006b” count=”100″ order=”ASC”]